Negotiation is dialogue or communication between two or more people, which need to solve a different opinion or to get advantages between those people. In negotiation we need some technique to make a different people to have a same opinion to they advantage.
- Talk, ask, listen, feedback
- Interaction, transaction
- And body language
This is a technique communication interpersonal. Fisrt we talk about clarity of speech. We need visual, audio, kinestetics.
In negotiation we need to make some a good sentences like a, “ this good,let optimize the use of it from now on”
There are some reasons why people need to negotiate, for example:
- Out of scope work that needs to be included in current timeline
- Customer request for a different resource or skill set
- Customer training
- Budget issue vs. Timeline issue
- Functionality needed earlier than expected, or
- Data management issues and who handles them.
In doing negotiation, we need to consider some points in order to make sure that what you want to tell is clearly explained. The points are:
- How we do the negotiation (by meeting, dialogue, or presentation).
- Communication techniques that we need (only presentation or with specific description from verbal, note that not all people understand only by seeing).
- Simple words and gestures, in order to say what we need to say and for making sure that our partners understand it clearly.
Vocals and body gestures are the most important thing. By doing the right body gestures and vocals, we can make sure that our partners pay attention to us. After making sure that our partners understand about what we want to say, we need to listen carefully about what they want. And after they done speaking, give a good feedback.
There are also some steps in negotiation. The steps are:
- Preparation. We make a good presentation, prepare the best argument, and so on.
- Dialog with the client. We may have a dialog with a group of client or a single client.
- Give an offer to the client.
- Give feedback to the clients’ offer.
- Deal with the client.
In negotiation we have a different type of communicator
- Communicator Agresif
- Communicator Pasif
- Communicator Asertif